Monday 1 February 2016

Review: Makeup Revolution Ultra Blush Palette in Golden Sugar

Hey guys!

I recently discovered Makeup Revolution when YouTube surfing the beauty vlogs and saw so many people raving about how good the products were yet still being such amazing prices I though I should check it out for myself, and I must say I'm not disappointed! I'm still testing out a few things but I've made up my mind on this one.

I purchased this Blush and highlight palette because I thought the colours looked so pretty, no other reason honest! After much testing I have to say I love it, it has a RRP of £6.00 which is an absolute steal for 3 blush, 3 bronzer's and 2 highlighters, one thing to note is that all the products bar one are shimmery shades and I believe have been baked, I've specified which one is matt and some are more shimmery than others.


This is the packaging form the outside, it comes in a shiny black plastic case with rose gold lettering, brand new this looks really sleek on my shelf but it does scratch very easily and it doesn't feel very expensive to hold, but for £6.00 I wouldn't expect it to. It also contains a full size mirror in the lid which is a really nice feature in a product this inexpensive. 


The colours are as so from left to right, on the top row:
  • Highlighter with a slight golden undertone, this has a serious kick to it it's a real stand out highlighter but can be used subtly with careful application.
  • Pretty pink blush, this blush is a very pretty colour which actually works really nicely on my skin tone (I was pleasantly surprised) but only use a small amount as it can easily become too much. 
  • Purple toned blusher, this is my favourite colour in the set, it works so well with my pale skin tone. And being cooler in tone meant that it gave me a nice flush of colour without making it look I had overheated and gone red faced. A problem I've had with other blushes.
  • Golden highlighter, this is much better suited to darker skin tones, I didn't use it as a highlighter but it did work nicely as an eye-shadow
Then the bottom row:
  • This I couldn't quite decide what it was as it was very light to be a bronzer but didn't have enough shimmer to be a highlighter, in the end I went with bronzer but because of having red hair and pale skin I don't tend to use bronzer's so I used it as an eye-shadow. This would work well if you had pale skin and dark hair I feel.   
  • Darker toned purple blush, again super pretty colour and does work as a blush but is a touch too dark for my personal preference, but surprise surprise it worked beautifully as an eye-shadow. 
  • All out bronzer, I didn't even try this one as I knew it wouldn't suit my face, but tried it on the eyes and its very pigmented! If you have darker skin tones and different colour hair you will definitely be able to get some good use out of this shade.   
  • The final shade is a matt bronzer this is the shade I've used the least due to its colour, but it went nicely in the crease of my eye!
I've swatched them all on my arm so you can see how they actually look on my skin, this is one swatch all the colours can be built up easily. We start with top left and end with the bottom right, same order as the descriptions.


Even though not all these shades are a good match for me and my complexion I have found a use for them all and I like a product to have versatility. All of these shades are really bendable which makes them very easy to use, even if you are new to makeup you should be able to use this palette relatively easily. The only down side I can find is that the formulas are a bit inconsistent and some of the shimmery blushes are a bit creamier to swatch than others but that's the only drawback, but this palette is only £6.00 after all! All in all I think this is a great starter palette that all skin tones should be able to use and have fun with!

See you next time!
Love 
Elle 





No comments:

Post a Comment