Monday 8 February 2016

My Lancôme collection

Hey guys! 
Today I want to share my thoughts on some more luxury items I have so we are doing Lancôme! 
I only really started purchasing their products about a year ago and I've accumulated a few, some are hits and some are misses so without any further ado lets get started

These are the products I have from them so far a lipgloss, lipstick, a concealer palette, brightening concealer pen, kohl eyeliner and a mascara. 
All Lancôme products I find have really good colour range, good looking high quality packaging and they do look nice on your makeup shelf! 

Let's kick things off with concealer's! 
This is me with only a little BB cream on for refrance

First is the concealer Le Correcteur Pro professional concealer palette and I have the shade 200 C Buff RRP £29.50:
In this pallet you get 2 concealer's and one setting powder and when you buy it it comes with a guide for how to apply each concealer and to each area which is nice. You also get a double ended brush with it. 
First off it's the wrong colour for me, the lady at the counter insisted it would be fine even though I said I thought it would be too dark, but hey I don't want to waste it. The cream concealer's are very smooth and creamy but a bit too thick for my preference, also the brush is not very good I found that it went on better with my fingers. 
Due to the thick consistency I found this product difficult to apply and blend and it had a tendency to crease rather easily on me. The setting powder is exceptionally stiff, this is what I found the most disappointing part of the palette, I could barely get any on the brush in order to set the concealer and it didn't work applying with a finger either. 
Overall I won't repurchase this and the thick cream concealer doesn't work for me I prefer liquid. But it may work for others with more oily eye areas. 
This is it on my right eye, it doesn't have as much coverage as you would expect.


Second is the Tient Miracle Corrector perfecting concealer pen, natural light creator in shade '01 Rose Lumiere' RRP £26.50
This pen is activated by clicking the top down to dispense product.

This pen I actually quite liked, it's a good shade for summer but not quite pale enough for winter. It gives a pretty good coverage and does brighten the under eye area and being a liquid formation I personally prefer it.
It took a few clicks to get the product flowing but once it did 2-3 clicks was enough to do both eyes, it applies very smoothly and the bristled end means there product can be easily spread but I recommend blending with the fingers. This is not a full coverage concealer and it is quite a runny liquid so it's harder to build up, it's also not easily set with powder either. 
What this is good for is defining the brows as the bristles are really fine so you can get a good crisp line.  
This is the product under my left eye.

Next is the Le Crayon Kohl eyeliner pencil in shade '01 Noir' RRP £17.00
This is one of my favourites from Lancôme there's not much to say about it other than its a really good quality easy to use kohl eyeliner pencil, it crates sharp lines but is still blendable. It's a really nice creamy formula and is just a staple I will always have in my makeup bag! 
This is some very basic lining I did with it, I'm not wearing mascara so you can see better 
As you can see you can get a nice thing crisp line with it. 

The only other eye product I have is a mascara.
This is the Grandiose wide angle fan effect mascara in '01 Noir Mirifique' RRP £25.00
This is the mascara and to start isn't the packaging just gorgeous! 
Unfortunately this is my biggest purchasing regret, I love the effect it gives (see below) and the angled brush it comes with means you capture lashes beautifully all the way into the corners.

However this products biggest drawabayis that on me it smeared everywhere! Within half an hour it had smudged underneath my eyes and it would continue to do so all day. I tried all sorts like powder under the eye using a primer on my lashes nothing worked! 
I have more oily eyelids but for £25.00 the formulation should be better in my opinion. 
Again didn't work for me but it may work for someone else, still a gorgeous effect though 


Onto lip products 
This is my lips without any product on them.


Up first is the Lip Lover is shade '316 Rose Attrape-coeur' RRP £19.00


I think this shade is so pretty it's a lovely soft pink that really suits red hair, the gloss is really pigmented and goes on fairly evenly. It lasted a long time too I don't need to top up for a couple of hours, it works really well over a lip liner too. 
I don't normally wear gloss but I find myself reaching for this more and more. 

Finally is the Shine Lover vibrant colour and shine in shade '388 Plum d'audace' RRP £22.00


I've mentioned this before in my 2015 favourites and here it is again.
This is a lovely blue toned dark pink shade which work well with my hair colour. 
It's claims to give 8hour moisture which it would if it lasted that long, I generally have to top up after a few hours. It is also a much more sheer colour which means it's buildable from a slight tint to the more full on look above. 
One thing to bear in mind is that it looks a lot darker in the tube than it is on the lips but this is due to the more sheer nature of the lipstick. 
It lasts a long time too. 

Those are my thoughts on the Lancôme products I have so far, I hope you guys find some of this useful 

Love 
Elle X 




No comments:

Post a Comment