Wednesday 10 February 2016

My product empties

Hey guys! 
Recently I have been clearing out a lot of old products that I've either forgotten I had or used up and don't want to let go of. So I thought I would share a couple of them with you 
These are all the empties I was willing to photograph for you and the rest looked a bit grim and old as heck!

This is all skin and face care today as I did a makeup throw out befor Christmas. 

First up are the John Freida Frizz Ease Dream Curls shampoo and conditioner RRP £5.89 each 
I actually quite liked these two products they smelt nice but didn't have a paticularly stand out scent and a little went a long way! 
I think when my hair is freshly cut and the layers are more obvious and defined this works better to enhance my curls but sadly towards the end of the bottle when I hadn't had my hair done in a couple of months I got less definition in my curls (maybe due to the fact I needed a hair cut!) 
Thai did make my hair feel very soft and silky which is a big achievement for my hair but I found it could go oily quicker than win some other shampoos and conditioners I've used.
Big plus is that they last a long time which is good because this is a more expensive hair product so I want to feel like I'm getting value for money. I wish I got a bit more curl definition with just the shampoo and conditioner as I'm a bit lazy when it comes to hair styling.

Would repurchase again (once I've had my hair cut!) 

Next is the Bed Head Foxy Curls Contour Cream RRP £12.95
I have had this product FOREVER! Genuinely had it for years (I probably should have thrown it out earlier) it smells delicious like skittles so super sweet which I love.
This is a tried and tested favourite I take 1-2 pumps of this rub my palms and run it through wet hair and either let it dry naturally or go to bed in it. It really helps define curls and give that naturally tousled curl look which is what I like to go for every day. 
Make sure you spread it evenly or it can go hard in places and give you that too much mouse look which I don't like at all. But give your hair an good brush through when it's all dry and it should be good! 
I think the bottle that this comes is is cute and fun but it's awkward size can make storing it a bit of a pain, also you can get product left in the end of the pump which dried into a hard plug which I'm not a fan of, but on the upside you can screw the pump down for traveling! 
A for sure repurchase.

This is my all time favourite shower product, the L'Occitaine en Provence Almond Shower Oil RRP £18.00 
I just love, love, love this shower oil! I know it's expensive but I just don't care! 

This smells heavenly it uses fresh almond oil and it's such a deliciously sweet scent I feel like goddess when I use it.
The oil turns into a really fine milky lather when on wet skin and it glides all over the body really easily so a little goes a long way.
The whole point of this shower oil is that it's like a shower gel and in shower body moisturiser in one, and it works! I feel so soft and smooth every time I use it there's no need to moisturise after your shower, it's brilliant in winter when your skin gets dried out yet sensitive on sunburnt areas in the summer (I'm a redhead I burn!). Tip: it's really good for shaving with, really close shave and no razor burn!
This also works so nicely as a bubble bath too! Run a bit under hot water and it fills the bathroom with that lovely sweet scent that isn't too overpowering and leaves you feeling relaxed and wonderfully moisturised at the same time.

This is my favourite product in this post, I think this is my 4-5th bottle I just love it so much! A must have! 

Following from that is a really nice (more affordable) scrub, the Soap and Glory Sugar Crush body scrub RRP £8
*You actually can't get this one anymore, this is the old scrub the new one has citrus in it* 
I quite enjoyed using his scrub, it was a gift from a friend and I loved using it but when I moved house it got put in a box and I kind of forgot about it a bit (oops) when I rediscovered it after Christmas it had gone off 😞 
This scrub is really nice, because it's a sugar one you massage it in until the sugar has dissolved which means you gay really good exfoliation from it. It gets rid of a lot of dead skin cells and always left me feeling smooth just make sure you don't put it anywhere near and cuts abrasions or rashes as it will sting like heck! 
I love Soap and Glory packaging so it looks super cute on the side of the bath. What's good is that the tub is nice and big so you get a lot of product, but if you like me you use loads in one go anyway! This should last a good amount of time too if you use it once a week.
I will be getting the new one with citrus in it.

And finally an empty face moisturiser: the Clinique Moisture Surge Intense RRP £34.00
As much as it saddens me to say, this didn't really wow me. I love most of what Clinique does but this moisturiser although it was ok, for £34 felt rather 'meh'. It did moisturise my skin and leave it feeling soft but it didn't wow me, I didn't use it and think 'oh my god this stuff is amazing' to me it's not worth the £34 price tag I have products that are 1/3 of the price which I feel work better for me. 
It may be a holy grail for some of you out there in which case that's great but it just didn't not work that well for me. I used it all up as I wasn't going to waste a £34 face cream.
I will not be buying this again. 

Hate to end on a negative but I hope you guys found this review helpful and informative and I'll be back soon! 
Love 
Elle X 

No comments:

Post a Comment