Wednesday 27 January 2016

Urban Decay Naked Palette: Worth the splurge?

Hey guys!

Today I wanted to talk about one of my all time favourite eye-shadow palettes the Urban Decay Naked Original palette. I really love this palette because I find the colours are absolutely perfect for me, they are warm browns and purples all of which have a slight gold undertone which look fantastic with pale skin and red hair, the shadows themselves are also really pigmented so you don't need to use a lot of product. I find that with eye-shadow its always best to go with warm colours as it can help bring some depth and warmth back into he face without having to use a bronzer (which does not suit me at all!).


In this palette you get 12 shadows 2 are matt and are lovely to use as a transition shade in the crease and the lighter matt shade called 'Naked' makes a beautiful everyday lid wash too! The other 10 shades in the palette are all satin and metallic finish, none of them are a foiled finish. These metallic shades are so smooth and buttery they just glide on and are super bendable, the matt shades are a bit stiff, and the satin finish colours are somewhere between to two.

This is what the palette actually looks like:

It also has a mirror in the lid which is a nice touch to have and I think with more premium products things like that should be a must because of the amount you pay. Also in the palette you get an eye-shadow brush, the one I have is double ended, one end is a flat shading brush and the other end a more fluffy blending brush, both of theses are really good quality and is good to have if your brush collection either isn't that big yet. 

These are the colours swatched on my arm:

The colours on my arm are in reverse order to the picture of the palette above. From top to bottom we have; Gunmetal, Creep, Hustle, Toasted, Darkhorse, Smog, Half Baked, Buck, Sidecar, Naked, Sin and finally at the bottom which you can barely see on my arm its so pale Virgin. 

My favourite colour to use in this palette is Half Baked which is the beautiful gold shade, it works fantastically in the centre of the lid as a strong pop of colour, which is what I have done below. This colour also works well with the rich warm browns of the palette Smog and Darkhorse and together they create a beautiful warm golden brown smoky eye. The shades Virgin and Sin also make great highlight shades for in the corner of they eye or on the brow bone. 


This is one of my favourite looks to create with this palette as I know the colours suit me and I can make it as intense or as soft as I want, this is it as a whole face look:

A couple of drawbacks to this palette are that I find Toasted and Hustle a bit stiffer than the rest and that makes them a bit harder to work with so I tend not tot favour them as much. One things that I don't particularly like about this product is the outside packaging as it has a velvety texture which looks lovely when its new but it picks up dust and dirt really easily which I don't like. The only other drawback to this palette is the price, its RRP is £38.00, this is a lot of money on £12 eye-shadows, and it is something you either have to save for or ask for it as a present, however the shadows are super pigmented so they last a really long time, I have had the palette in the picture for about a year now and I've still got a lot of product left.  

Overall I think that this palette is definitely worth investing in as the shades are absolutely beautiful and very good quality, they also suit my pale skin and red hair perfectly. A definite must I highly recommend this to everyone!

Love 
Elle 

No comments:

Post a Comment