Monday 18 January 2016

My 2015 Favourites

Hello again,

To kick things off I thought I would give you guys a quick run down of my favourite products of 2015 for make-up and skin care, all of these just worked perfectly for me so let's get started! In no particular order:


1. Soap and Glory, Peaches and Clean Deep Cleansing Milk. RRP £8.00


 I loved this cleanser as I found it really did remove all my make-up very easily and also felt luxurious on my skin leaving it feeling soft and smooth after using it, which with my very dry skin was a big bonus! It also smells divine, like peaches and cream.

2. The Body Shop, Vitamin E Intense Moisture Cream. RRP £13.00


I have always been a Vitamin E fan as I find that range is the one I constantly go back to as it works best for me and my skin. I thought I would give this a go in the colder months as I wanted something a bit more moisturising to stop my skin flaking and it did a wonderful job. This cream goes on so smoothly and absorbs in really quickly considering its an intense treatment, my skin felt soft all day and never once got tight which is a problem I often have. A new everyday favourite!

3. MAC, Mineralise Moisture SPF15 Foundation in NW13. RRP £29.00


I got this as a spring/summer foundation as I wanted something a bit lighter in coverage and to include an SPF, although I'm normally shade NW10 in MAC I went a shade darker for the summer as i have a bit more colour in my skin then and I was really pleased! This applied so easily weather with a brush or fingers, you could get a really nice light daytime coverage or layer it up for a medium coverage for when I wanted to do a bit more of a big look for going out. This is also a really moisturising foundation so it never dried me out when wearing it which is always a plus.

4. Natural Collection, Pressed Powder in shade Neutral. RRP £1.99


I found this when I needed an emergency powder to set my foundation with and its become a keeper! It gives a nice matt finish which I find ideal but doesn't clog up my pores which I found other powders did, also its surprisingly pale! Super convenient to have around and a very good price!

5. Clinique, Lash Power Mascara Long Wearing Formula in shade Black Onyx. RRP £19.00


I have always liked Clinique mascaras as I find they do not smudge or flake at all! So far my all time favourite brand for long wearing mascaras. This little guy has a long thin wand and shorter bristles which makes it brilliant at catching lashes giving really nice length and definition, but no volume you can build it a bit but generally speaking not much volume. What it is brilliant for is every day looks as it defines your lashes without being super obvious it gives just the right look for work or shopping. I use it every day for work/placement.

6. MaxFactor, False Lash Effect Clump Defy in shade Black Brown. RRP £11.99


This mascara was a brilliant all rounder, a small amount gave a really soft every day look whilst you could build it really easily to get a big last effect, it lengthened, separated volumized and curled! It is a great go to mascara the only slight draw back was it isn't quite as long wearing but I forgave it that because of the effect it has.

7. Lancome, Shine Lover Lipstick in shade 388. RRP £22.00


This was a little more luxury spend but I just fell in love with the colour a beautiful darker blue toned pink, what makes this a favourite to me is the build-ability of colour, just a subtle dab on and you just look like you have slightly darker lips naturally or you can built it up for a more statement look. As this is a sheer finish its really easy to play with and is really moisturising on the lips as well. On a side note the tube this comes in is beautiful and looks so nice on the shelf.

8. Maybelline, Baby Lips in shade Melon Mania. RRP £2.99


Last but not least is this tinted lip balm, I know the Baby Lips range has been out for ages but it took me until 2015 to get round to trying them. This was my favourite shade and it just altered my natural lip shade enough to make me look put together, as doing you lips just pulls any look together. This made it so easy as I didn't even need to look when applying and it gave me a slight tint as well as being really moisturising which I love, really good for on the go!

And that concludes my favourite products of 2015, I hope you liked some of them and maybe inspire some of you to give them a go.
Love
Elle



No comments:

Post a Comment