Sunday 24 January 2016

Benefit Speed Brow: Best brow product for redheads?

Heya guys!

Today we are focusing in on what is good for us lovely redheads to use! Up first is brow products; having your brown 'on fleek' is all the rage at the moment with every brand from Anastasia Beverly Hills to Soap and Glory and every brand in-between coming out with brow pencils, gels, pomades, powders and creams its hard to find one that (A works well and (B works with red hair.

The biggest issue I have had whilst looking for a good brow product is getting the right colour; almost everything I have tested out is way too dark! Even eyebrow pencils formulated for blonde hair are still too dark and are often not warm enough to compliment our red hair. This is an issue I encountered at beauty counters, I would be very specific that I was after something to compliment my hair and that I wanted a more natural look and more often than not they would try and push a product that wasn't right for me apply it to my eyebrows and I would end up looking like I had slugs on my face. I was not impressed! Remember do not feel pressured by beauty counter girls (or guys) to buy something you don't think is right, always wear it around for the day and go outside to see what it looks like in natural light before you buy it, otherwise you can end up wasting your money on something that isn't right for you and you wont use.

I have also gone and made a few big brow errors so you guys don't have too! I have tried using a warm bronzer and a brow powder, don't do this as it smudges everywhere and bronzer's are often too orange for us! The reverse problem of using brow pencils. I also looked for a coppery tone eye shadow but it's nearly impossible to find them in non metallic shades I tried using MAC single eye shadow in Mythology but this just made me look like I had sparkly eyebrows, not the look I was going for!

So after many failures I think I have finally found a good brow product for redheads! Introducing the Benefit Speed Brow!


This product is a tinted brow gel, now normally the brow gels aren't warm enough to compliment red hair but this one is! It is just the right formulation to give a hint of colour to your brows, it deepens the colour slightly but not to the point where they look unnatural, and I like a more natural brow look as I feel as a redhead it can look really obvious if you try to enhance your brows, as I don't know about you others out there but my brows aren't very visible!

As some of you may have guessed from my last post I love a product that you can build up the colour with, this does the same. Just a quick brush over with the wand which is really good for shaping with and you are good to got for an every day natural look, or you can really work in a lot of product to get a more defined look. But make sure you do it quick as this stuff dries fast!

Onto the price this little baby has an RRP of £13 which puts it nicely in the mid range of brow products out there. Whilst you do only get 3g of product (the tube it comes in is pretty petite) it does last a long time, I've been using this one tube since September and as you can see there is still quite a bit left. I will be repurchasing soon!

So you can see what it looks like on on the left-hand side I have left my brow au natural and on the right I have applied it as I would for every day.


As you can see it helps shape your brow and does give a bit of colour but not too much as I think this is a nice natural look and it just helps me look that bit more polished. 

Overall I do not think this is going to be the best ever brow product for redheads but I think its a dammed good one, its not a prefect colour for redhead brows but it the best I've found so far and if you want that super defined look this isn't going to give you that, but I like it and thing it is one you should definitely have in your make-up bag! 

Love
Elle

 




No comments:

Post a Comment