Wednesday 20 January 2016

Review: Clinique Chubby Sticks

Hello again!
During the Christmas sales I picked up lot's of products, mostly new ones but I also repurchased a few old favourites. So while I am still testing out some of my more new items I thought that I would start off with some reviews with my old faithful's.
Today is the turn of Clinique's Chubby Sticks, I have used these on and off for a few years now and I'm always looking out for more that will suit my complexion.
Here are 3 of my favourite Chubby Sticks:

From left to right I have the Chubby Stick Cheek Colour Balm in shade Amp'd Up Apple RRP £19.00, the Chubby Stick Shadow Tint for Eyes in shade Lot's o' Latte RRP £17.00 and on the right the Chubby Stick Intense Moisturising Lip Colour Balm in shade Chunkiest Chili RRP £17.00.
This is them swatched on my hand. (sorry the light isn't great)

First up the cheek stick, this shade is lovely and soft pink shade that has a really subtle grey undertone in it which is what makes it so soft and subtle, its so easy to apply just swipe it on the apples of your cheeks towards the top of your ear and blend in, I prefer to use my fingers for this as it warms up the product and this makes it blend so much better. This is a really nice blush to use as you can really build it up, I tend to use this for my every day going to work look as it just gives a subtle bit of colour.   


The eye stick is such a lovely latte colour hence the name, this stick is perfectly designed to be worked into your crease to give it a bit more emphasis and it goes along the lower lash line well too, its a bit too dark for everyday wear though it suits a bit more of a warm brown smoky eye look. This product works best blending with a finger due to its creamy consistency. The only drawback to this product is it is quite hard so you really need to work it into your lid to get the colour on which isn't fantastic. 


Finally is the lip Chubby Stick this is my all time favourite red lipstick! I love this colour is such a deep blue toned red that is perfect for my pale skin and red hair, its also has a lot of moisture in it so it doesn't dry out your lips and as mine are nearly always dry this is a huge plus. The colour of this lipstick is also really build-able so you can go from a slight lip enhancing colour to a full on red pout. The crayon shaped tip to this also makes it really easy to apply and get a nice crisp line from, it is also surprisingly long wearing too, this holds up on a cocktail night and doesn't transfer too badly either. If you get any of the chubby sticks then get this one! I have no drawbacks to this!

I hope you liked my review of these Chubby Sticks from Clinique
love Elle







No comments:

Post a Comment