Saturday 19 March 2016

My Favourite Travel Eye Palette: Mac Enchanted Eve Eyes Palette

Hi guys and welcome back! 
Recently I have had to do some traveling about including going on planes with just hand luggage and I have come to appreciate how hard it is to find a good eye shadow palette that can do it all but still be compact. Enter the Mac Enchanted Eve Eyes Palette in 'Warm' 


I absolutely love this palette, it was given to me as a Christmas present and I loved it then and love it even more now! There are 3 main things that make this perfect for traveling (and life in general) 

1. The size: 


I don't know if you can guess scale in this picture but this little guy really is smalli can hold it in the palm of my hand (we'll sort of). This makes it perfect for traveling as it fits in any bag really easily and doesn't take up much room (it's smaller than my iPhone 5s!) super easy and convenient to transport! 

2. The shadows themselves: 

As you can see from the photo these colours are simply gorgeous! Really lovely warm yet neutral browns with a cpup of shimmers aswell. 
The 3rd, 5th and 6th shadows down are all matt finish and the 1st, 2nd and 4th are shimmer. 
Having the 3 matt shades means you can build up a lovely crease colour by using the 3rd as a transition shade and the others to intensify it. Or you can use these to create a basic eye look of you just want something super subtle. 
The shimmer shades can be used to add another dimension to your eye look and to brighten and add extra colour. They are subtle and pretty and will suit any skin tone! 
One thing to add about the formula of these is although they apply like a dream and blend out beautifully they aren't very pigmented and are quite hard to get much product on a brush, how wet they are easy to build. You will need to take a bit more time to build up a really intense eye look. 

3. The brush: 

How cute is this diddy little brush?! Aside from this brush being super cute it's also super helpful to have, and I love it when a palette comes with a brush especially a good brush at that! This brush appears to be a combo of the Mac 217 Blending Brush and the 266 Small Angle Brush which makes it really handy to have on the go and traveling. All of your basic crease and lid shadows you can apply with the fluffy end and if you want to intensify a colour then use the angled end, also if you don't pack an eyeliner you can wet the angled end and then use the darkest shadow as an eyeliner! This makes it so versatile which is what you want when traveling. 

Here is a look I created with it a while ago: 


The only thing that isn't good about this palette was that it was limited edition for Christmas! Sorry guys! However I promise to keep my eyes open for anything else that will work as well for me as this one does!! 

Hope you guys found this useful and I'll be back soon! 
Love 
Elle X 

No comments:

Post a Comment