Saturday 12 March 2016

My favourite foundation brush- Real Techniques

Hey guys and welcome back! 
Today I wanted to tell you guys about a brush I have fallen in love with in the last couple of months; the Real Techniques Sculpting Brush! 
This brush interestingly isn't actually a foundation brush, it's a contour brush! For those of you who don't know Real Techniques brushes have a colour coding system; gold handles for your base (like foundation and concealer) pink handles for finishing (like blusher and contour) and purple handles for eyes. 
This brush I'm talking about is their contour brush and it has an RRP of £9.99 (prices correct for the 12th March 2016) and I think it is well worth the spend! 
The actual brush head itself is slightly angled hence its original purpose for contouring but what I like is it is really densely packed with brissles which make it fantastic for buffing in foundation and I find gives me a beautiful streek free finish which I love. 
I tend not to be a big fan on the traditional paint brush style foundation brushes as I find they tend to leave streakes which is what attracted me to this brush in the first place. 
I use this brush most days as I find it workes well if you need to apply your makeup quickly as it worked liquids in so easily and quickly. On a day to day basis I don't use a Beauty Blender as I find this takes too long, so this brush is ideal. 

A nice touch to this brush is due to it ha being a flat base that tapers out it stands up on its own super easy which is something I've found useful when I have a big mess of makeup in front on me on my desk each day. 
The handle on this is also nice and thick so you have good control but it doesn't feel bulky in you hand. It's also nice and sturdy so I'm not worried about the handle breaking and none of the brissles have come out either!

Finally I will say that I really rate this brush I personally think it was a fantastic find and highly recommend that everyone gets one. Also despite Thai being designed as a contour brush there really is no set rules on what you use it for, brushes are your tools so use them however you want. 

I hope you guys liked this and found it helpful and I'll be back soon! 
Love 
Elle X 



No comments:

Post a Comment